10.000 Lakes Festival

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

North Side Music

This weekend I was on the Noth side at JB's speakeasy. Friday night there was a hip-hop show at JB's it seemed more like dirty rap to me though. When I first got to JB's there were about 10 african-americans on stage yelling about guns, killing people and bitches. First off I couldn't understand anything they were saying except the cuss words. Second I'am sure if I could have understood what they were saying I probably would have thought even less of them for their unintelligent ramblings. I think the name of the group was Murder Boyz. So if you like really awesome rap music check these guys out. It was good to see some kids from the marketing program up at JB's Tim and Luke. Luke was also rapping at the show but I turned up to late and missed him. Iam told that Luke was a lot better than the Murder Boyz thank god.

I will have a post later in the week updating the music for this weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Luke was not as bad as the murderboyz... But really, the murderboyz? The name alone would be enough for me to think twice.

Alteez said...

Man to be honest those gangsta guys were pretty bunk. Luke & Motz put on a killer show for the circumstances that arose (their CD skipped the whole set). If their CD wouldn't have skipped they would have killed it.

Anonymous said...

I agree totally with the anonymous comment before me. MurderBoyz... really? Also I hear Luke is great. I hope to catch him sometime soon.

ML said...

I like that you sampled all sorts of music not just one style. I have a buddy coming in town on Saturday, March 14th with his band BrainChild who is performing at the Joint. If you have time you should head down there to check it out and report back.

Anonymous said...

hmm sounds like they weren't any good. but fyi, it's "unintelligent" rambling, not untelligent.

WiscoKids Music said...

Alteez- I didn't show up in time to see luke but someday i will make it to see him. Do they still do the Wu-Tang wednesdays at the Joint?

WiscoKids Music said...

ML- I will check out that band at the joint thanks for telling me about it.

WiscoKids Music said...

anonymous- thanks for proofreading for me I dont really read my posts before I publish them. I should start doing that. It makes me not look very intelligent.