10.000 Lakes Festival

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Reggae Weekend

This weekend there was two reggae bands that played downtown. First was at The Joint located at 324 Jay street. Playing here was a Bob Marley tribute band. They were pretty good musicians but the music was a little generic no originals only Bob Marley cover songs. Stayed at The Joint for a few songs but must keep moving more music to listen to. Next I took a short strtoll down to the Popcorn Tavern. Another reggae band is playing the name of this band is E3P0. I am not sure if the name stands for anything or what the name even means. Oh well. This band was really good they sounded similar to Sublime and Slightly Stoopid. The good thing about this band is that they did mostly originals. The lead singer had a very interesting voice that went very good with the style of music being played. Must keep moving. The last stop of the night was at Nighthawks Tap. Proto Meleei is playing they don't normally play reggae but when I walked in the bar who would have thought that the reggae theme would keep going. The band normally plays blues and Jimi Hendrix covers. I listened to a few of there songs and enjoyed what they were playing. I have a few friends that a in the band and was asked to come on stage with the and play the harmonica. The lead guitar player and I traded off riffs for a while then we each sang some random blue lyrics and the song was over. I had a very good time. Thanks Justin and Andy for the good jam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should check out the show the popcorn on Saturday. My friend Scott's band is playing, Roster Macabe. I think you'd enjoy it. I wish I could go, but I'll be in Madison.

-Lily

WiscoKids Music said...

Lily- I did go to the popcorn on saturday it was awesome. The band Roster Macabe opened up for a guy named Heatbox who was really interesting to watch he was a beatboxer.